Valerie Groysman, RSW, MSW. Clinical Therapist
About You: Let’s face it. Issues happen when you least expect them. You feel like you are not yourself, upset and unhappy. You tried to manage it on your own but nothing seems to help. You think you might need some support to get back on track? We can make it better, together.
About me: My clients describe me as genuine, understanding, warm and knowledgeable. I believe that to be helpful, our work has to make sense to you in your life. I share a confidential, judgement-free and accepting environment so that you feel comfortable discussing what is important to you. Together we will find ways to bring balance, fulfilment and a sense of wellbeing back to your life.
Areas of focus: I help children, young adults and adults thrive in daily life while managing a variety of issues such as:
· Anxiety: get in charge of stress, fear, worry or anxiety disorder (e.g. generalized anxiety, phobia, panic attacks, social anxiety, selective mutism)
· Relationship and family issues: get along with others, have and keep the relationships you want
· Anger and frustration: understand what makes you angry and how it can help you
· Transitions: life and work changes are hard and uncertain. Get through them with confidence
· Adjustment Disorder: recover from a stressful event that seems to continue bothering you even though you or others expect you to have moved on
· Parenting and attachment: transition to parenthood, bond with your infant or child. Manage prenatal and post-partum anxiety or depression
· Confidence and low self-esteem: feel empowered to aim for and achieve your goals
· Trauma, grief and loss: make sense of the most devastating aspects of life
· Special Interest: I am particularly passionate about the impact of our early relationships on how we form new relationships and get along in the world
Approach: I integrate the latest social and psychological research to customize treatment based on your personality, preferences and symptoms. I mostly draw from Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Attachment Focused Therapy, Psychodynamic Psychotherapy, and Brief Solution Focused Therapy.
Experience: I have worked in community, healthcare and educational organizations. I am experienced in providing individual and group therapy to children, adults and families.
Location & Language: I see clients in North York (near Sheppard West, formerly Downsview subway station).
I offer home based services in Thornhill, Vaughan, Maple, Woodbridge, Markham, Aurora and Newmarket. Happy to talk in your language of choice including English, Hebrew or Russian.